Lost Lake Woods Club is a private, member owned, family resort and gated community located in Alcona County, in the northeastern region of Michigan's lower-peninsula. Founded in 1926 and consisting of more than 10,000 acres of prime land featuring five lakes, a Private 18-hole Golf Course, an 84-site campground, 52-Room lodge with dining and banquet facilities.
Lost Lake Woods Club
The community is currently home to over 500 homes and total membership is currently around 1,000 people. Members have access to:
Fantastic Hunting and Fishing Opportunities
An Archery Range
A Rifle Range
A Skeet and Trap Range
Beach and Playground & Lakeside Pavilion
Twenty Miles of Snowmobiling and ATV Trails
These are only examples of the countless ways to enjoy a trip to Lost Lake Woods Club!
Lost Lake Woods Club began its history in 1926. It was one of the first recreational clubs established in the state and was located on property that was previously known as the Roe Ranch.
The Lincoln Land Company was responsible for its establishment and promoted as The Working Mans Country Club. Ownership of Lost Lake Woods Club passed from Lincoln Land Company to the club in August 1934.
The gateposts for the original entrance to the club via Muskrat Trail can still be seen from Barlow Road (F-41). The entrance was later relocated to Fox Road.
Construction of the original clubhouse was begun in 1927 and by 1928 was up and running. Everything went well until 1946 when the clubhouse burned to the ground. Members rebuilt the clubhouse that stands in the current location.
The original campground and horse barns were located on Badger Lake north of the clubhouse. The horse barns were, of course, a favorite gathering place for children. Both of the facilities were later relocated when it was felt that having them so close to the lake was unsanitary (and the horse barns created quite an odor).